Spider web taco dip is a quick and easy snack to share with guests at your next Halloween party.
Creepy and delicious, the perfect combination to share with family and friends at your next Halloween party. Resembling a seven layer dip, this taco dip has three main layers, beans, seasoned sour cream and guacamole. The additional toppings are placed around the outer ring as a frame for the decorative star of the party, the edible spiders and spider web.
Additional ingredients can be included in this dip to suit your personal tastes. Green chilies, salsa, corn, black beans, green onion or whatever your Tex-Mex loving heart desires.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spider Taco Dip
For Spider Web
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 3 tsp heavy cream
- In 9 inch round serving dish spread refried beans evenly on bottom.
- Combine 2 cups sour cream with the taco seasoning. Spread mixture over the beans.
- Carefully spread prepared guacamole over the top of sour cream mix from the center out.
- Combine the remaining sour cream with 1 tsp of heavy cream. Mix it to a thin consistency for piping, adding in additional heavy cream as needed. Place thinned mixture into a piping bag with a small writing tip or a squeezable cookie decorating writer bottle. If you don't have either, a ziplock bag with a small corner cut off will work, but it won't be as precise.Draw a spider web on the top of the dip layers.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese around outer edge of dip leaving the spider web visible.
- Cut a black olive in half lengthwise to create 2 spider bodies. Slice another black olive or two into thin rings and cut those rings in half. Place the spider bodies on the web and choose 8 half circle pieces per spider to make the legs.
- Dice additional black olives and tomatoes and sprinkle around the edge of the dip.