One of our favorite fun things to do in Omaha is to eat out. There is an amazing location for just about any experience or taste you’re looking for.
For Valentine’s Day, Social Fabric, an influencer organization, challenged site owners to write about the most romantic restaurants in your area for Valentine’s Day. Omaha is my area, but I’d love to hear some recommendations from your area.
I’d love to try Flatiron Cafe someday, but unfortunately the price tag is a bit too high for our wallet. If you can swing the funds, then please go for it and let me know your thoughts on the romantic atmosphere. Here are just a handful of restaurants in the Omaha area that we have tried that would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day date night.
Six Valentine’s Day Romantic Restaurants in Omaha
- Plank Seafood Provisions: I’ve eaten at Plank a few times and I absolutely love it! It was my first experience with oysters on the half shell and now I’m hooked. In 2005 oysters were labeled by researchers as an aphrodisiac due to some awesome science relating to the chemical composition of them. So, head on out to the Old Market District for a romantic meal, grab some oysters from the oyster bar, and enjoy your evening.
- La Buvette Wine Bar & Delicatessen: For a little change in atmosphere if you’re a wine lover, then La Buvette might be a great place for you to stop by. It’s great for a light meal and a romantic atmosphere over a glass of wine or two. Also located in the Old Market District, then head over to the Gene Leahey Mall for a walk in the park.
- Vino VanGogh: (Now Closed) Dinner, wine and painting. Have fun with each other while enjoying an evening out creating a masterpiece. No matter what your artistic talent, you’ll be sure to have fun brushing up your painting skills. Edited January 2022 to update wine and paint options: (Contact locations to inquire about food and beverage options) Painting with a Twist, Pinot’s Palette, Corky Canvas.
- Delice European Bakery: (Now Closed) This is my favorite coffee shop in all of Omaha. They’re specialty coffee is sweeter and creamier than most others I’ve had. Not only can you grab a delicious cup of coffee, but they have amazing desserts and lighter food choices such as a fruit and cheese plate or even a flakey chicken pot pie.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema: Take dinner and a movie to the next level with the Cinedine located in Midtown Crossing. This theater was previously the Marcus Theater Cinedine. Get tickets to your favorite romantic movie, arrive early for dinner and drinks, before your movie starts. Everything in one place to make the most of your night!
- Sakura Bana: Are you a fan of sushi? Our favorite sushi spot in Omaha is Sakura Bana. The first sushi bar in Omaha and the best in our opinion. I’m actually kind of craving this one right now. Yum! Check out their menu!
What are you planning on doing for Valentine’s Day? Do you have a romantic restaurant suggestions? Tell me in the comments.