Respect shows itself in different ways. Everything from the respect we give someone who’s older than us, respect we show authority, and even our own self-respect. You can show it, earn it, give it, even expect it.
This month, in line with the #SunshineYourFeed challenge, we’re going to explore the many faces of respect in the blog and journal writing prompts.
We’ll find out a little more about what respect means, how to show it, and how our own self respect plays a role in our life.
Let’s take a respectful journey through our thoughts and find out what respect really means to us.
Respect Blog and Journal Prompts
- What does respect mean to you?
- We should show respect to authority, but does that mean doing everything they ask even if our rights tell us we don’t have to comply?
- How can someone earn respect? Is it comparable to currency? Can you earn it in increments and spend it just the same?
- Is it judgemental to say “that person has no self respect” when referring to another person?
- Think about the lyrics to RESPECT. What do they mean to you? Do they relate to you in any way?
- Can you be respectful toward another person without respecting them?
- In what ways do you demonstrate self-respect?
- How can someone lose respect?
- Is it possible to respect nature? What does this mean to you?
- Do you think people are less respectful today than they were in the past? Explain.
- What can you do to encourage others to show respect?
- Think of a time you were less than respectful. Would you change your reaction? What would you do differently? Why or why not.
- Who is someone in your life you greatly respect. Give details about why this person has made such an impact.
- Why should we show others respect?
- How can you respect the opinion of someone you disagree with?
- Why do you think some groups aren’t respected as much as they should be?
- Think of a time you were disrespected. What happened? How did you handle it?
- Are you superior to anyone in this world for any reason? If so, should you receive more respect than they do? Explain.
- How does an appreciation for diversity affect respect?
- Should everyone be respected until they show they don’t deserve it?
- Are children offered the same level of respect as adults?
- Think of a business you respect. What have they done to earn your respect?
- What can you do to show more respect in the world?
- Would the world be a better place if more people respected others?
- How can you build your own self respect?
- What are your top ten qualities or characteristics that define respect?
- Is respect over or underrated in today’s world?
- In what ways can you respectfully disagree with someone else?
- Is it possible to respect the actions of others when those actions go against your personal beliefs and values?
- How can different cultures live respectfully in the same area when their beliefs, practices and values are different?
- Think of an action you did that lowered your self-respect. Have you made changes in your life to remedy it?
Feel free to share your thoughts to any of these prompts in the comments below.