This shop for the ingredients to make Pound Cake and SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bar Bowls has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone but you can make this delicious summer treat too, and make it your own! #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias
It’s summer. I love this season. It’s warm, bright, the suns out, and my days last longer so I feel more productive. I mean, sunshine is in my blog name. Of course I love this season!
Summer also means I see less of the kids. They’re spending a lot of time outside exploring the world around them. Don’t get me wrong, I love that they’re doing that, but I do kinda miss having them around to talk to while I get my work done.
Since the kids are hanging out having fun in the sun, I decided it’s time to surprise them with a fun treat for the whole family. Pound cake and SNICKERS® ice cream bars bowls. This is such a fun idea, and it’s easy to do, especially if you buy a frozen pound cake. I like to bake my own because this is one of my favorite recipes.
For even more fun this summer, make sure you enter the Share Funshine Sweepstakes daily for your chance to win $100!
First you’ll want to gather your ingredients. Traditionally a pound cake included a pound each of flour, sugar, eggs and butter. This recipe is going to veer from the traditional path and change things up a bit, but I promise you, the texture and flavor are both fantastic and I’m sure you’ll agree this is one of the best pound cake recipes you’ve ever had.
You can find the exact measurements and specific mixing instructions in the easy to read recipe below, but just know you’ll be using flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extract. You’ll also want a mixer of some kind. I prefer a stand mixer, but a hand mixer would work as well. You could make this by hand as well, but that’s going to require a lot of stirring to get things to the consistency you want. I don’t think I have the arm power to manage that!
Once everything is mixed you’ll add the batter to a greased and floured tube pan, aka an angel food cake pan. I don’t recommend using a bundt cake pan because there’s a good chance the batter will overflow the pan.
Bake the pound cake for about an hour and a half at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Check to see if it’s done by poking a long toothpick, skewer or something similar into the cake to see if it comes out clean. Then leave it in the pan for about five minutes to cool on a cooling rack. You’ll want to use the cooling rack to make sure air can get to the bottom of the pan for more even cooling.
Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 pound of butter (4 sticks), softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups of sugar
- 4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter in a stand mixer at medium speed until it lightens in color. This can take anywhere from a couple minutes to seven or eight minutes.
- Once butter is creamed, slowly add in sugar and continue to mix until the sugar is incorporated and mixture is smooth. This again may take several minutes.
- Next add in eggs one at a time letting each egg incorporate before adding the next.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low/medium low and gradually alternate the addition of milk and flour. Be careful on the speed, if it’s too fast the flour will spill out of the bowl, so take it slow. Then add the vanilla and almond extracts. Give the bowl a final stir by hand with a rubber spatula after the extracts are mixed in, to make sure all the flour is mixed in.
- Pour batter into a well greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a wooden pick poked in the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack in the pan, then remove from pan and complete cooling on the wire rack.
- When cool, slice and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Pound Cake and SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bar Bowls
First grab the Snickers Ice Cream Bars and any other toppings you would like to add to your bowls. I used M&M’s®, Peanut M&M’s®, Skittles®, and M&M’s Ice cream Cookies®.
Next you’ll cube a slice or two of pound cake.
Yum, doesn’t that look fantastic. I’m a sucker for Snickers.
For some added deliciousness you can even add a dollop of whipped cream on top. What I love about these bowls is that it’s not only a great way to enjoy a fun summer treat, but it’s a great way to easily eat cake and ice cream, you know, the traditional birthday favorites.
If you’re having trouble finding the SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars, I found mine in the ice cream freezer section at Walmart. While you’re there download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content.
Click here to receive instant savings on M&M’s®, SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars and Skittles®! I’d love to hear your favorite ideas for making summer FUN!