I’ve decided to go back to giving myself a little bloggy inspiration. I’ll see how it goes this month and if I like this style, I’ll continue on for the next few months. I probably won’t use all these prompts, but if I find myself lost for ideas, at least I have a place to turn! Feel free to join me in using these prompts on your blog. If you do use one of the prompts, please share your link in the comments! I’d love to see what you have to say on my topic. If I get enough responses, I’ll start up a monthly link up.
Here we go! October Blog Prompts!
- What was your favorite Halloween costume you wore as a kid?
- Do you have any superstitions, such as the number 13, black cats or stepping on cracks?
- Halloween lights and decorations. Love them or hate them?
- Do you decorate for Halloween? Share a decoration DIY.
- What are your favorite flavors for October? Do you go traditional with candy corn, caramel apples and spiced cider, or do you have something unique you enjoy this time of year?
- Halloween always brings out the creativity in people. What is the most memorable costume you’ve ever seen?
- How do you like to relax in the cooler October evenings?
- Do you have any make up tips to share? Everyday beauty or costume make up, anything goes!
- Do you celebrate a holiday other than Halloween? Are you a hard core Halloween fan? Talk about your October holiday traditions.
- Do you have a tasty, October flavors recipe to share? Slow cooker recipes are popular this time of year!
- Football season! What team are you rooting for? Are you happy with their performance so far this year?
- How do you stay organized for the holiday season? Now is the time to start planning.
- Are the leaves changing colors yet? How has the turning of seasons inspired you?
- Did you plant a garden this year? What did you do with the harvest? Eat it all, freeze it, can it, dehydrate it, share it?
- Plan the ultimate Halloween party! What games would you play? What snacks would you share? Would you give out prizes?
- Do you love pumpkin spice? It shows up everywhere this time of year. Share your thoughts on this popular flavor.
- Do you like to drink hot drinks in the fall? What is your favorite hot beverage?
- How do you make Halloween extra special for the trick or treaters who come to your door?
- Do you believe in ghosts or spirits? Have you ever had a spooky, unexplained encounter? Share your story with your readers.
- What scares you? Do you have a phobia of any kind?
- I’ve been told at any given time there is a spider within five feet of you. How do you react to spiders? Love them or hate them?
- If you don’t give a treat, then you get a trick. Isn’t that how the origin of the trick or treat phrase came about? What are your thoughts on common tricks? Are there any acceptable tricks?
- What are you going to be for Halloween this year? If you’re not dressing up, are your kids dressing up?
- What are your opinions about people dressing pets up for Halloween?
- How do you use up all the Halloween candy each year? Let the kids eat it all? Create recipes through the year? Regift it? Toss it?
- Speaking of Halloween candy, which candy do you think is the best, ultimate Halloween candy?
- Some people celebrate Samhain this time of year and they remember their ancestors during this time. Do you know of any other cultures that celebrate this time of year?
- Did anything amazing happen to you this month? Give a recap of some of your favorite moments.
- Do you have any skeletons in your closet? Are you willing to share one or two with your readers and come clean?
- What is your favorite Halloween movie? What makes it resonate with you?
- Happy Halloween! Give a recap of your night!
Feel free to share your new posts written with these prompts in the comments!
(please, new content only and only those posts inspired by these prompts. A link back to this post in yours would be nice as well, but not required)