Compensation was provided by Bertolli Frozen Meals. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Bertolli Frozen Meals.
Family meals are important to our household. We’ve recently taken on the tradition of Taco Tuesday and the kids have been all over this wanting more themed weeknight meals. I agreed and decided to start Mangia! Monday’s.
There are a multitude of Italian recipes we can make, although my Monday’s are usually filled and I don’t have the time to make a full, family style meal for friends and family. Luckily I can pick up our favorite Bertolli frozen meals and we’re ready to go with a fantastic Italian meal in less than 30 minutes. Perfect for the busy family who still wants to sit down together for dinner.
What I love about the Bertolli frozen meals is that they are crafted from authentic Italian recipes and ingredients, so it’s just like something made in an Italian kitchen. Bertolli has an authenticity expert who is classically trained in Italian cooking. The authenticity expert tests recipes and makes sure they are true to Bertolli’s Italian heritage.
The flavor shows through with these meals. Chicken Marsala & Roasted Redskin Potatoes is my favorite. I’m floored by the amount of flavor found in the sauce. I could eat this one every week, but my family insists on variety for our Mangia! Mondays. With all of the other fantastic flavors in Bertolli frozen meals I have to concede. Though I will stock up on my favorites.
One thing I love about this product is that you can check out the back of the package, which is transparent, to see exactly what is included inside!
Here are some tips for creating your own Italian themed meal. Francesco Bertolli wanted to create meals that celebrated robust meal experiences. Everything about the meal should awaken the senses, enliven conversations and inspire everyone to be in the moment. These tips will help you do just that.
Tips for Creating an Italian Themed Meal
- Instead of leaving dishes on the stove or counter and serving everyone from there buffet style, serve your meal at the table in bowls and casserole dishes, then serve up your plates once everyone is seated.
- Invite extended family and friends to join you around the table. Meals should be an opportunity to sit back and connect with the most important people in your life.
- For the adults, pull out a bottle of wine and enjoy it with your meal. Italians are three times more likely to have wine with their meals and more than two times more likely to set the table than Americans.¹ To have a bit more fun, learn about different wine pairings based on what you’re serving. Or learn about how wine experts get the most out of their wine experience and try some of those tips with the adults around the table.
- Prepare two or three different Bertolli frozen meals, such as the Chicken Marsala & Roasted Redskin Potatoes and Chicken Florentine with Farfalle. Serve them up so everyone gets a chance to try their favorites. This is a great way to have variety when you’re short on time.
- Choose simple side dishes that are easy to prepare. A lettuce salad with salad dressing. Sliced Italian bread loaf with a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning. Even a caprese salad is pretty quick to prepare. These all taste fantastic with a variety of Bertolli frozen meals.
- Get the kids involved and have them set the table. If you want to go all out, see if you can find some Tuscan style placemats, dishes or even centerpieces. This might be a fun family project one night. Search Pinterest for the perfect Italian themed home decor projects. Fresh flowers also make an impact for some Italian flair.
1. These results are from an online survey conducted by YouGov on behalf of Bertolli of over 2,000 nationally representative individuals in the United States and Italy. The U.S. survey with 1,074 completes was conducted between July 28-29, 2016. The Italy survey of 1,013 individuals was conducted from July 29 – August 4, 2016. The margin of error in each country is +/-3.1%