Living a Sunshine Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
There are two times when I get bright ideas.
One is when I am driving alone on long trips and the other is when I’m in the shower.
Neither of these situations are opportune for jotting down what I’m thinking which leads me to forget important details of the idea if I can’t write them down right away.
These ideas happen because I’m able to have quiet time where I sort out everything that has been jumbled up in my head. They are the ideas about the blog, such as topics for the perfect blog post or the best way to arrange my sidebar. I’ve solved problems with our homeschooling projects and household organization. There is something about being alone without distraction that gives my brain a kickstart.
During this alone time I can visualize everything being sorted into color coded folders, then reassembled into the perfect plan with all the non-essential information being either stored for later or eliminated completely. Unfortunately my recall of what’s in those folders isn’t very good.
The trouble is often I’m not in a situation where I can write it all down. Once I get out of the shower or to my destination the ideas start to fade away.
Now my issue is coming up with a good way to jot down those ideas quickly, efficiently and in a way that is easy to use in either the shower or on the move. When I’m at home they often go on my to do list. But in other situations, that to do list isn’t going to work.
Here are some creative ways to get those great ideas down to make sure you don’t miss out on them. Starting with the shower ideas, then moving to the on the go ideas.
- Shower safe note pad.
- White board in bathroom
- lipstick on mirror
- Write them down on the shower wall with bathtub markers (make sure it is in a splash safe place so you don’t lose the idea)
- Jot down as many notes as possible before getting out of the car.
- Use voice recorder to dictate ideas while driving.
- Leave yourself a voicemail from your phone. (Make sure you follow all cell phone laws and be safe. That bright idea you have isn’t as important as your life)
- If possible, pull over to jot down ideas, bathroom break, stretching break, snack break, lunch break. Napkins are great notepads.
Do you have another idea for recording your ideas so you don’t forget them? Tell me in the comments.