February. The month of love.
I know a lot of people focus on romantic love, however there are a massive amount of ways you can love, and it doesn’t have to be romantic!
Loving friends and family, loving pets, loving nature, maybe even your favorite foods or vacation spots. Love can be shared through charity, words of support, or just enjoying something or someone.
This month the writing prompts are here to help us explore the love in our lives. It’s there to help us recognize who we love, what we love, why we love, and how we love.
Love Blog and Journal Prompts
- In what ways do you show yourself love?
- List out ten things you love and why you love them.
- What actions or words help you feel loved?
- Write about someone you love. Go into detail about everything you love about this person. Challenge yourself to write more than you think you can.
- Have you ever fallen in love with someone? Write about your experience. If you haven’t had this experience yet, write about what you think it might be like.
- How does love change over the time during an extended relationship?
- Describe the love you see between two people in your life who love each other. This may be parents or grandparents, or maybe even close friends. How can you tell they love each other based on their behavior?
- Write about a place you love to visit. How does it make you feel?
- What does love feel like to you?
- How do you know you’re in love with someone?
- Does love at first sight exist? Does it have to be romantic love? Explain.
- What advice would you give someone seeking love in their life?
- How do you show your love to someone?
- What does Valentine’s Day mean to you?
- What symbols do you associate with the idea of love?
- Write a love letter to someone. This could be a real person or fictional.
- Explain the different types of love a person could experience.
- What must exist between two people to have a loving relationship?
- Can someone overuse the word love to the point it has no meaning?
- Describe the first time you told someone you loved them.
- What is something you love from your daily routine? Why do you love it?
- Is it true that you can’t love someone else until you love yourself?
- Are animals capable of love? What are your thoughts?
- What are your thoughts about the quote “If you love something set it free, if it comes back it’s yours, if it doesn’t it never was.”
- How can you show a stranger love?
- Do you have a hobby you love? Describe it.
- Is it possible to not have enough love to go around?
- How do you handle saying goodbye to something you love?
Feel free to share your thoughts to any of these prompts in the comments below.