December is here and for many that means a month representing charity, giving and kindness. I look at writing as a form of giving. I’m giving my story to the world, or if it’s just in a book no one will ever see, I’m giving the words to myself. Giving them life. Releasing them to do what they will without being trapped in my mind. A lot of good can be completed through the written word. Everything from advocacy and sharing your story to making people laugh, to sharing smiles. Words are a powerful gift, use them responsibly.
I hope this month’s prompts inspire you!
December Blog and Journal Prompts
- What is the best gift you’ve ever been given?
- Do you support any specific charities?
- What is your favorite winter holiday?
- How do you enjoy a snowy evening?
- What is your role in your family?
- Do you ever make handmade gifts? Talk about them or share some instructions.
- Do you have any cleaning tips?
- Are you a patient person?
- Is the glass half full or half empty?
- What is your favorite stress reliever?
- How much adversity have you experienced in your life?
- What is your spiritual life like?
- Who is your hero?
- If you could give your parents anything, what would you give them?
- Do you ever give unsolicited advice?
- Have you ever given an anonymous gift?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Have you ever been angry at the ending of a book? How would you have written it differently?
- Do you prefer typing or writing by hand?
- What words do you think are overused?
- How important is education to you?
- When was the last time you used teamwork to complete a project?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Have you ever attended a holiday celebration with another family?
- Is there any right answer to “the reason for the season?”
- What is the importance of a team having a fanbase?
- If you could travel to outer space, would you?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- Describe your favorite food.
- What is your best memory of the past year?
- Do you make resolutions for the new year?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comments below.