That’s right. It’s my birthday and I’ve been hanging out on this planet for 34 years.
I’m not ashamed to share how old I am because It’s not about your actual age, but about the the life you live. Right?
I can say I’ve had a pretty fantastic life. I may whine and complain on occasion, but those times are few and far between. I’m only human after all. I wouldn’t be living life to it’s fullest if I didn’t have the chance to experience the full range of emotions, including those that are deemed negative by society.
In honor of my birthday I decided I would share 34 random facts about me, myself and I. Some are exciting, some are fairly mundane, but all of them are true and 100% about me.
So, here we go:
- I once fell off the top of a grandstand and only scraped my wrist.
- I fell off a folding chair and broke my arm (Mom’s fault. She didn’t catch me. I don’t care if she was across the room in practically another room. She didn’t catch me when I wasn’t listening to people tell me to stop jumping from chair to chair. Completely her fault.)
- I fell out of a moving vehicle when the door of the car randomly flew open. Seriously, no one’s fault here but the car, it was old. I did make for a nice cushion for the dog to land on and was lucky there was no oncoming traffic.
- I’m married. Ta da! If you knew me this would be a shocker. I’m still surprised he asked. *wink*
- I enjoy crocheting. It relaxes me when the yarn behaves. Knots stress me out.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology and I want to go on to get my PhD in either Social Psychology or Positive Psychology.
- Speaking of school, I’m published in a professional peer reviewed journal as an undergraduate. That’s pretty fantastic in my opinion.
- I have yet to finish a NaNoWriMo project. Every year I go in with good intentions, and every year life gets the better of me.
- I homeschool my kids. It’s an adventure, and I’m constantly learning, but they are learning new things and they are keeping up where they are supposed to be, so it’s all good.
- I rode in a hot air balloon on my honeymoon. It was pretty fantastic.
- A hot air balloon practically landed in our back yard. That’s not something you see everyday.
- I have a strange emotional connection to my cat even though I’m allergic to him and I think he’s plotting to kill me. I still love that furry fuzzball.
- I’m a fan of Dr Who. David Tennant specifically. He’s an amazing actor and was one of the best Dr’s out there!
- I was born in a hospital that is now the library where my mother works. I’ll tell you more about this one at another time.
- I was born an aunt. Yep, I have a niece who is older than me. We pretty much grew up as sisters.
- I have green eyes. I told you some of these facts would be mundane. However, this is an important detail if you are planning on painting a portrait of me for my birthday.
- I love to cook. I love to eat too.
- Geocaching is one of my favorite outdoor activities.
- Green and yellow are my favorite colors. They make me happy.
- I’ve broken a board with my bare hands and have no martial arts training.
- I’ve also broken an arrow with my neck. Yeah, totally random, I know.
- I once had a car named Pat because it didn’t know if it was a car or a train. I’m telling you the horn on that thing was fantastic and scared the crap out of anyone I blared it at.
- I’m a rock hound. I go to the rock and gem show every year, I collect rocks and I’m known to just pick up random rocks on the ground. If you ever help me move, then answer is, yes, that box is filled with rocks, thank you very much.
- I currently have a thing for Zachary Levi. He’s just so cute!
- I enjoy doing laundry. Ok, sometimes it takes a whole lot of motivation to get me down there to do it, but once I’m there I enjoy the process.
- I thrive on routines. I don’t do so well when my routine is thrown out of whack. This is probably why I like doing laundry.
- I once rode a hover craft. I was in undergraduate school and it was a student research event. Thanks random physics major guy for creating it for me to ride on. It only hovered about an inch up and didn’t move anywhere, but still impressive at the time.
- I live in the same city as Warren Buffet. Hey, I think it’s cool.
- Someday I want to live on a farm, raise chickens and have a huge garden. I don’t know why because I kill everything I try to grow, but that’s what I want.
- My name is Mary Kaye. Yes it is, no I don’t have a pink cadillac.
- On that note, yes I do Direct Sales, no it’s not Mary Kay (notice the spelling difference there.)
- Lilacs are one of my favorite flowers and I have a lilac bush growing in my front yard.
- I freaking love avocados! Sooooo delicious, I can’t get enough of them. Wish they weren’t so expensive.
- I actually like myself. Yep, that’s right. I spent a lot of my life trying to change who I was and I finally decided a few years ago that I was going to just be me. I found out I really like me. I’m pretty awesome.
Anything else you want to know about me? Let me know in the comments and I’ll either answer them there or create another blog post answering them!