It’s the start of a new year and I’m trying some things on the blog again with a new approach. One of those things I’m coming at with a new perspective is writing prompts. I’ve tried these in past and never kept up on them. This year I plan to make some changes and keep up with it! Wish me luck! I’m excited about my new writing prompt format so without further ado let’s get started.
These prompts are great for anyone who wants to write. Whether you’re a blogger like me, someone who just loves to journal, or maybe a novelist with writers block, I hope you’ll find some inspiration here.
Writing Prompts for January
One mistake I’ve made in the past with my writing prompts is I focused on just one kind of prompt which fails to acknowledge that people get inspired in different ways. To bring out all of that creativity I’ve been missing out on, I’m going to give you guys a few different prompt styles to choose from.
Focus Keywords of the Season
Quotes for January
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” ~Melody Beattie
“I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something.” ~Neil Gaiman
“Let our New Year’s resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word.” ~Goran Persson
“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.” ~Bruce Lee
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~Jim Ryun
Questions for January
- What are your goals for the new year?
- Did you achieve everything you wanted last year?
- Is there a story behind your favorite cookie recipe?
- What will you be reading this month?
- Who inspires you?
- Do you have a word to guide you through the year?
- What memories do you have about January? Any traditions? Special occasions?
- What’s your favorite better for you recipe?
- Do you like change or would you rather things always stay the same?
- Are you starting any new hobbies this year?
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Where would your perfect vacation be?
- How can you make a difference in your community?
Books to Inspire
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
What inspires your writing? I’d love to hear more ideas so I can continue to improve my monthly writing prompts for you. Share your thoughts in the comments below!