I’ve lived in Omaha for almost 13 years now. I just did that math and even I’m surprised. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. I kept telling myself 11 years. Time flies when you’re having fun, I guess.
Since we’ve been here, we’ve discovered many fun things to do on the nights we get out without the kids. One of our favorite fun things to do in Omaha is to eat out.
Social Fabric, a blogging organization I’m a member of, gave us bloggers a fun challenge. Write about the most romantic restaurants in your area for Valentine’s Day.
I love food, I love date night, I can do this.
There are a lot of restaurants to choose from in Omaha, but I’m only going to suggest those I’ve eaten at. For example, I’d love to try Flatiron Cafe someday, but unfortunately the price tag is a bit too high for our wallet. If you can swing the funds, then please go for it and let me know your thoughts on the romantic atmosphere. It’s on my bucket list of locations to wine and dine in the area.
Six Valentine’s Day Romantic Restaurants in Omaha
- Plank Seafood Provisions: I’ve eaten at Plank a few times and I absolutely love it! It was my first experience with oysters on the half shell and now I’m hooked. In 2005 oysters were labeled by researchers as an aphrodisiac due to some awesome science relating to the chemical composition of them. So, head on out to the Old Market District for a romantic meal, grab some oysters from the oyster bar, and enjoy your evening.
- La Buvette Wine Bar & Delicatessen: For a little change in atmosphere if you’re a wine lover, then La Buvette might be a great place for you to stop by. It’s great for a light meal and a romantic atmosphere over a glass of wine or two. Also located in the Old Market District, then head over to the Gene Leahey Mall for a walk in the park.
- Vino VanGogh: Dinner, wine and painting. Have fun with each other while enjoying an evening out creating a masterpiece. No matter what your artistic talent, you’ll be sure to have fun brushing up your painting skills. Because Vino VanGogh travels to different restaurants you’ll be able to sign up for and event and try out a local eatery.
- Delice European Bakery: This is my favorite coffee shop in all of Omaha. They’re specialty coffee is sweeter and creamier than most others I’ve had in town, so if that’s your style then this is the place for you. Not only can you grab a delicious cup of coffee, but they have amazing desserts and lighter food choices such as a fruit and cheese plate or even a flakey chicken pot pie.
- Marcus Theaters Cinedine: Take dinner and a movie to the next level with the Cinedine located right above Delice European Bakery in Midtown Crossing. Get tickets to your favorite romantic movie, arrive early for dinner and drinks, then stick around in your seats for your movie. Everything in one place to make the most of your night!
- Sakura Bana: Are you a fan of sushi? Our favorite sushi spot in Omaha is Sakura Bana. The first sushi bar in Omaha and the best in our opinion. I’m actually kind of craving this one right now. Yum! Check out their menu!
What are you planning on doing for Valentine’s Day? Do you have a romantic restaurant suggestions? Tell me in the comments.