I can’t believe October is here already. It seems like this year is just flying by. That’s what happens as we get older, right? The years just zoom by at record speeds each year? I think that’s one of the reasons I enjoy journaling so much. It’s a record of my thoughts and activities over the years. I can look back on it and refresh myself to where I was at that time and often it helps me appreciate where I am now even more.
I hope you have similar experiences with your writing. Whether you do it for fun, for the memories, or as a therapy. Keep writing, sharing and indulging in your mind through the written word. It’s a wonderful thing.
October Blog and Journal Prompts
- If you could visit another country where would you go?
- Give your past self advice; what would you say?
- Today is the best day ever. What happens?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- How do you define success?
- Can money buy happiness? Why or why not?
- Describe an item from your childhood that was special to you.
- What rite of passage have you gone through most recently? What did you learn from it?
- Define family. What does it mean to you?
- Do you have any Autumn traditions?
- What is your personal motto?
- Do you have any pet peeves?
- How have your strengths benefited you in your life?
- What are your thoughts on body shaming?
- Do you make it a point to help others?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
- Does technology help or hinder you?
- What is your favorite song?
- Who would play you if a movie was made about your life?
- What was your favorite book growing up?
- Is there a word you can’t stand? What is it?
- Did you have a favorite subject in school?
- Are you a leader or a follower?
- If you could take a year off, what would you do?
- What would be your ideal career?
- Is dating important?
- Do you like games? What style of game suits you best?
- What was your most creative costume for Halloween or even acting?
- Are you an adventurer?
- What’s in your closet?
- Happy Halloween! Tell a suspenseful story with you as the main character.
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comments below.