November. The month many people attribute to gratitude. I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t always been the most gracious person. I’ve always said my pleases and thank yous, and when someone gave me a gift I was always truly thankful. What I haven’t always been able to do is be gracious in the moment. To look at my life, where it was, where it is now, and where it looks to be going and be truly thankful for it. Gratitude seems to be something that evolves with us. It grows faster with some people pending personality and life experience, but I do believe it’s something we have to work at. It’s one of the reasons November has come to be a special month to me. While I do my best to practice gratitude year round, I do take the time for reflection and extra focus on gratitude during this month. I think it’s made me a more positive person.
You’ll see more prompts related to gratitude this month since it means so much to me. I hope you’ll work through some of these gratitude prompts to see where they take you on your own life journey.
November Blog and Journal Prompts
- What is your favorite season?
- What do you do to make the world a better place?
- Which superpower would you want if you could have one?
- What is your favorite childhood cartoon character?
- Look around yourself. What are you grateful for?
- How can you bring your family closer together?
- Do you live in a social neighborhood? What is the benefit of neighborhoods?
- Do you have any unanswered wishes?
- Was there a time you should have been grateful but weren’t?
- Have you ever been grateful of criticism?
- How do you navigate obstacles to your life goals?
- Do you ever feel underappreciated?
- Where do you find your emotional strength?
- Has anyone ever made a life changing impact on you?
- What could you live without?
- Write a thank you note to someone who has made a difference in your life.
- Does being technologically connected help or hinder social interactions?
- Are there any song lyrics that speak to your soul?
- Do you identify with any character in a book or movie?
- What is your catchphrase?
- Do you have trouble asking for help?
- How do you work, family and social lives differ? How are they they same?
- If you were a teacher, what would you teach?
- Do you have a family heirloom?
- What is your comfort food?
- What are you looking forward to this winter?
- What is the meaning of life?
- If you could invent something, what would it be?
- Are you thankful for the person you’ve become?
- Do you have a funny family story?
Feel free to share some of your thoughts in the comments below.