I really do hope April showers bring May flowers, because wow it was a rainy April this year. The kids are okay with that because they had plenty of opportunities to play in the rain and picked up some brand new rain boots for puddle hopping.
This month we’re talking about creativity. Not only will we explore our own potential creative side in the prompts this month, but we’ll also be playing around with some creative writing style prompts.
There will be a lot of variety, and it’s going to be a lot of fun!
Let’s get writing!
Creativity Blog and Journal Prompts
- What is your favorite creative outlet? Are you an artist? Writer? Do you like to invent or create. Do you prefer to go out and admire the creative work of others?
- Describe each color to someone who can’t see.
- Plan a themed party of some sort. Get creative in your planning notes. Decorations, food, music. Anything goes.
- Do you have a favorite pen when you write? What makes it special?
- Does public school hinder or promote creative thinking? Why or why not? Can you make a case for both sides of this discussion?
- Invent a new holiday. What would you celebrate, what traditions would you include?
- Think about how your life would be different if your income source vanished. What ways would you need to get creative to survive?
- What inspires you? Do you have a muse?
- Think of 100 creative ways to let someone know you love them.
- When was a time you had to think outside the box to accomplish something?
- What does being creative mean to you?
- How can you tell a story in a new and creative way? Do you need to use words?
- What is the relationship between curiosity and creativity?
- Does creativity need to be elaborate?
- Can you come up with 25 uses for a paperclip?
- Tell a story from the perspective of a house pet who was accidentally locked outside.
- Are people born with specific creative talents or are they all learned?
- What is the most creative game you remember playing when you were a child?
- How has technology affected creativity?
- Write five haikus about creativity.
- Get creative and write about what you think life might be like on a distant planet in another galaxy.
- Have you ever witnessed an animal getting creative?
- Create a new word and define it yourself.
- Think of some creative ways to celebrate your birthday.
- Who is the most creative person you can think of from history? What would you talk about if you could have lunch with this person?
- How can you make someone smile when they are upset? Think of several creative approaches you could take.
- Is creativity important in our world?
- If you could create a magic potion to do anything, what would it do and how would you make it?
- Think of a conflict you’ve had. Get creative and write about it from the perspective of the other viewpoint.
- Do the clouds tell stories?
- What is a creative way you could send off a friend who is moving across the country?
Feel free to share your thoughts to any of these prompts in the comments below.