The birds have been chirping outside my window for the past month and the buds are already appearing on my lilac bush. Others in the area have already reported flowers starting to emerge. Spring can’t get here soon enough.
Between the March #SunshineYourFeed challenge and a month of prompts celebrating spring my spring fever is going to explode!
This month the writing prompts are all about spring. How it makes you feel, what you see, what it means. Everything spring.
Spring Blog and Journal Prompts
- What is the first sign of spring?
- Describe the sound of birds chirping.
- What is your favorite thing about spring?
- Do you have a spring tradition? Talk about it.
- Spring is a time for new beginnings and growth. What is something you are excited to be starting?
- Describe the perfect garden.
- How do you view spring cleaning? Do you clean the house? Clean up your life? Organize your desk?
- My favorite flowers are…
- A springtime childhood memory.
- How does a spring rain make you feel?
- What is your favorite part of a springtime nature walk?
- Do you experience spring fever? What does it mean to you?
- Have you ever danced in the rain? Describe what it feels like.
- What colors do you associate with spring and why?
- What kind of growth do you expect to have this spring?
- Would you miss spring if the seasons went directly from winter to summer?
- How would you spend the perfect spring day?
- What can you do to take care of the Earth more this spring?
- Think about sitting in the middle of a butterfly garden. Describe what you see and your thoughts about it.
- What is something spring has helped you learn?
- Describe the feel of green grass on bare feet.
- Spring symbolizes rebirth. Does this symbolism have a special meaning to you?
- Do you think it is important to plant flowers for the bees? Why or why not?
- Eggs are used in many cultures as a symbol of spring. Why do you think that is?
- What does it feel like to drive with the windows down on a spring day, or maybe riding a bicycle fast down a trail?
- Describe your favorite spring food.
- March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. What do you think this means?
- What animal do you think of first when you think of spring?
- If you picked a bouquet of flowers for someone special, who would you give it to and what flowers would you include. Explain why you choose who and what you did.
- What is your favorite rainy day activity?
- What flower best represents you and why?
Feel free to share your thoughts to any of these prompts in the comments below.