I know that you can start working toward any goal at any time, but personally, I like the set timeframe I have with the beginning and end of a year. It’s not an arbitrary time frame, it’s one that everyone recognizes and I don’t have to look too hard to figure out how far into my goals I am or how far I need to go.
With that said, and my list of 100 Sunshine Goals for the New Year, I’m giving you writing prompts related to goal setting this month.
Have fun and happy writing!
- Make a list of all of the things you want to accomplish this year.
- What motivates you?
- How do you reward yourself when you reach your goals?
- Do you think happiness is directly related to goal achievement? Why or why not?
- Write about this quote: “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” ~Henry David Thoreau
- When you set your goals, do you dream big?
- Do you usually accomplish your goals or fall short?
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone can help you achieve success. Have you ever done this?
- How do you offer support to other people who are working toward goals?
- If you knew you could be successful at any one goal, but only one, what goal would you set for yourself?
- Do you think the goal for world peace could ever be achieved? Why or why not?
- What is your plan of action for achieving your New Year resolutions?
- Do you break larger goals up into smaller goals to help you achieve them?
- What was the best goal you ever achieved?
- Does the phrase “no fear” apply to your goal achievement? Why or why not?
- What is your usual procrastination go to?
- How could you be a change agent in your community?
- What book(s) have you read that inspire you?
- Who is your biggest supporter?
- Do you rely on your intuition when making decisions?
- Who inspires you?
- Write a letter of goal intent to your future self. List out your goals and your current plan of action to achieve those. At the end of the year, read your letter and see how closely you stuck to your path.
- How do you cope with stress when you start to get overwhelmed?
- How do you get yourself back on track when you start to lose focus?
- What challenges have you overcome in the past?
- What is one behavior you can change to help yourself be more successful in achieving your goals?
- Do you use positive or negative speak with yourself?
- Have you ever felt jealous of someone else’s success?
- What will your life look like in the future if you were able to achieve all of your goals?
- Why did you set the goals you did for yourself?
- Talk about the progress you’re making on a current goal.
What goals did you set for yourself this year? Share them in the comments!