I received a tub of Cleopatra’s Choice shea butter for review. I have to admit, I was a bit excited. I’ve never used shea butter before!
To give me a little background I did some research on shea butter. Things like, what makes it good, what it can be used for, and some recipes to use it in. The first thing I learned is not all shea butters are created equal. If a shea butter isn’t quality it won’t melt well with your body heat, it will be grainy and it won’t have the health benefits pure shea butter offers. I can give you a reaction of two of the three points there.
First, this shea butter felt like butter. It was smooth rather than grainy and when I held a bit in my hand it melted. It didn’t melt fast, but it did melt with the body heat making it easy to rub into my body. My skin is fantastically soft right now! I’m thoroughly loving it!
Another thing I learned is that shea butter should come in an ivory color, which this one does. It should also have an earthy scent. I have nothing to compare it to, but they say that shea butter has a distinct scent. If additives are mixed into it for color and scent it can alter the benefits and quality of the butter. Cleopatra’s choice does not list any additives, stating the product is 100% shea butter, and from my research on shea butter, it appears the product agrees with their listing. The smell isn’t the most pleasant, but it doesn’t stick with you. The moisturizing qualities far outweigh the smell. When applying Cleopatra’s Choice shea butter, remember a little goes a long way. While it isn’t greasy, if you use too much it does take longer to absorb into the skin. I learned this the hard way. Start with just a little. You can always add more if needed.
You can order your Shea Butter from Cleopatra’s Choice on Amazon.
After using the shea butter on it’s own I wanted to see what I could make with it. You know I’m all about making things at home. I have the canning experience to prove it! Since I’ve never used it in a recipe before I decided to collect some recipes that use shea butter so I could try them out in the future. I haven’t tried these recipes yet, but they looked great and I know I want to see how well they work.
- Homemade Lipstick by Wellness Mama
- Orange Honey Lotion Bars by Thank Your Body
- Homemade Body Butter by Love and Cupcakes
- Bronzing Whipped Body Butter by Naked Truth Beauty
- Homemade Lip Balm by Body Unburdened
- Oatmeal Honey Shea Butter Lotion by Sincerely Kinsey
- Lavender Body Butter by I Save A to Z
- Homemade Shea Butter Scrub with Coffee and Brown Sugar by Turning the Clock Back
- Vanilla Homemade Lip Balm by Little House Living
- Chai Coconut Lip Balm by Quinnface Makeup and Beauty
- Fall Spice Sugar Scrub by Soap Deli News Blog
- Shea Butter Coconut Milk Soap by Soap Making Essentials
- Solid Shea Butter Sugar Scrub Cubes by Soap Deli News Blog
- Homemade Natural Mascara by A Blossoming Life
- Mango Citrus Whipped Body Butter by Garden Therapy
- Peppermint Whipped Body Butter by Thank Your Body
- Lemon Face Cream by Rethink Simple
- Homemade Lip Gloss by Smart School House
- Eucalyptus Peppermint Shaving Cream by The Darling Bakers
- Mint Chocolate Body Butter by Homegrown & Healthy
What is your favorite shea butter recipe? Tell me in the comments.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.