When it comes to cooking no one in this household will deny that my husband reigns supreme on breakfasts. He’s just better at them, no matter what I try, unless it’s a casserole. I win hands down on breakfast casseroles.
He’s been hinting to me for the past few months that he wants breakfast casserole. Mainly he was thinking about the crush corn flake topping. So finally, the stars aligned and I somehow managed to have everything I needed for this recipe in the house at one time. Since I went through all the work to make it, I thought I’d share the recipe with you.
- 32 oz bag frozen hash browns
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups of ham, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onion for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the frozen hash browns, shredded cheese (of your choice) and diced ham in a 9x13in casserole dish. Set aside.
- Mix eggs and milk in a large bowl until uniform in color. Stir in the sour cream, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over the hash brown mix in the casserole dish, then gently press the hash browns down into the eggs to make them more compact.
- Sprinkled the bacon over the top of the casserole.
- Evenly spread crushed corn flakes over the entire casserole for the topping, then drizzle the melted butter over the corn flakes.
- Bake for 1 hour or until eggs are set.
- Let cool for 5 min before serving. Top with green onions or garnish of choice.
What’s your favorite breakfast casserole combination? Share your favorites in the comments below.